Mbed TLS is a C library that implements cryptographic primitives, X.509 certificate manipulation and the SSL/TLS and DTLS protocols. Its small code footprint makes it suitable for embedded systems.
Mbed TLS was formerly known as PolarSSL. It is maintained under open governance at TrustedFirmware since March 2020. Before this, it was maintained by Arm, and some of the information and infrastructure has not migrated yet.
- [[ mbed-tls/roadmap/ | Roadmap ]]
- [[ mbed-tls/tech-plans-3.0/ | Plans for Mbed TLS 3.0 ]]
- [[ mbed-tls/testing | Testing ]]
- [[ mbed-tls/mbed-crypto/ | Mbed Crypto ]]
Useful external links:
- [[ https://tls.mbed.org/ | Old Mbed TLS website ]]
- Documentation: [[ https://tls.mbed.org/api | Mbed TLS API Reference ]]; [[ https://tls.mbed.org/kb | Knowledge base ]]; [[ https://tls.mbed.org/dev-corner | Dev corner ]]
- [[ https://github.com/ARMmbed/mbedtls | Source code (download/browse) ]]
- [[ https://lists.trustedfirmware.org/mailman/listinfo/mbed-tls | Mailing list for discussions and community support ]]
- [[ https://github.com/ARMmbed/mbedtls/issues | Report an issue ]] (for security issues that should be reported privately, please [[ https://developer.arm.com/support/arm-security-updates | report through Arm ]] until the TrustedFirmware private reporting process is in place)