Trusted Firmware is an open source project implementing foundational software components for creating secure devices. It currently consists of:
- Trusted Firmware-A. A reference implementation of secure world software for Arm A-Profile systems (Armv8-A and Armv7-A), including an Exception Level 3 (EL3) Secure Monitor. It leverages Arm TrustZone technology; this is different for A and M profile systems, which is why the project has two separate codebases. Continue on to the TF-A wiki...
- Trusted Firmware M. A reference implementation of secure world software for Arm M-Profile systems (Armv8-M). Continue on to the TF-M wiki...
- OP-TEE. A Trusted Execution Environment (TEE) designed as a companion to a non-secure Linux kernel running on Arm A-Profile systems (Armv8-A and Armv7-A) using TrustZone technology. On Armv8-A systems it runs at Secure-EL1. Continue on the the OP-TEE documentation...
- Hafnium. A reference Secure Partition Manager (SPM) for systems that implement the Armv8.4-A Secure-EL2 extension. It enables multiple, isolated Secure Partitions (SPs) to run at Secure-EL1.
- Mbed TLS. A C library implementing cryptographic primitives, X.509 certificate manipulation and the SSL/TLS and DTLS protocols. Its small code footprint makes it suitable for embedded systems. It has many users, including TF-A, TF-M and OP-TEE. Continue on to the Mbed TLS wiki...
- Trusted Services. A framework for developing and deploying device root-of-trust services across a range of secure processing environments such as those provided by OP-TEE and Hafnium. Continue on to the Trusted Services wiki...
Additional pointers to TrustedFirmware project activities can be found in the following locations:
- To see a list of TrustedFirmware project roadmaps, please go to this summary page
- Some project historical project information can be found on the common resources pages. This includes monthly project updates and the the public minutes of the Project Governing Board meetings.
- Here is a list of public events relevant to the Trusted Firmware project.
- Conferences & Events
- Mbed TLS
- TSC Meetings
- Trusted Firmware M
- Trusted Firmware Project Roadmaps
- Trusted Firmware-A (TF-A)
- [OUTDATED] PoC: Detaching BL33 Image from the Main Chain of Trust
- CMake buildsystem proposal
- Configuring email notifications for patches on review.trustedfirmware.org
- Conventional Commits
- Getting started: Contributing TF-A patches on www.trustedfirmware.org
- Long-term support (LTS) proposal
- TF-A & Hafnium Roadmaps
- TF-A Release Information
- Trusted Services